I try to keep a large glass of healthy infused water on my desk at all times. Not only is it delicious, but infused water is a great way to help me drink more water each day. I’m not a big fan of drinking plain water. I would much rather drink juices or flavored waters, but I know that those aren’t very healthy choices for the most part. Infused water gives plain water a subtle taste of fruit without extra calories or any added sugar or preservatives. It’s the best of both worlds when it comes to beverages.
5 Delicious Fruit Combinations to Make Healthy Infused Water
Infused water is simply water that has been allowed to chill overnight with fresh fruits, vegetables or herbs added for extra flavor. I start with a large, wide-mouthed water bottle when I’m making infused water just for me. Another option is to use a glass jar with a lid. If I’m having guests over, infused water is a wonderfully, refreshing drink to offer at a summer party or picnic. When serving guests, I start the infused water in a large glass pitcher instead of a water bottle.
It’s really simple to do. Begin with a container filled with water and then add the fruits, vegetables and herbs in the combinations that most appeal to you. Allow to chill overnight for the best flavor. I prefer organic fruit, so I’m sure that the water I’m drinking isn’t loaded with pesticides. Here are a few of my favorite infused water combinations.
- Lemon and cucumber. I first tried lemon and cucumber water at a fancy day spa I stopped at. I love the flavor combination, and it’s very refreshing on a hot summer day.
- Mango and ginger. I love the taste of mango and ginger and, luckily, both mango and ginger help to boost your metabolism. Ginger is also known for helping with heartburn, so it’s a very good idea to keep a pitcher of this infused water on hand.
- Strawberry and orange. If you’re looking for a delicious way to start the day, the combination of orange and strawberry is it. As an added benefit, both strawberries and oranges are high in Vitamin C.
- Apples and cinnamon. If you’re looking for a healthy infused water that works to help your body detox, try the combination of apples and cinnamon sticks. Cinnamon is often used for its detoxing properties.
- Watermelon, honeydew melon and mint. I just adore this flavor combination. Unlike the other infused waters above, this combination only needs to be refrigerated for three to four hours to be ready.
Which of these healthy infused water combinations would you like to try first?