Moms today seem to often be in a hurry. Rushing here. Rushing there. Meal time can be tough, and the last thing you want is a grocery store stop on the way home. Instead, keep some refrigerator biscuits in your house and you’ll be able to make fast meals. And sweet snacks too.
This classic monkey bread recipe make a delicious snack or sweet breakfast.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- ½ cup raisins, if desired
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a large sealable bag mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake each piece in the bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
- Mix the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and then pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve.
Delicious when served warm.
Bacon Cheese Pull-Aparts
Every bite of this pull-apart is filled with the breakfast flavors of bacon, egg and cheddar cheese. It’s like a grab and go breakfast!
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits
- 2 ounce package precooked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or fry some up and use)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 chopped green onions, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (or spray) an 11×7- or 12×8-inch glass baking dish.
- In large bowl, beat egg and milk until smooth.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters.
- Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in bacon, cheese and onions.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in single layer.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares.
The kids will love helping to make these individual pizzas and then will love eating them!
- 3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
- 60 pepperoni slices
- 1 pound Colby, Monterey Jack or Chedder cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice cheese into approx. 28 squares.
- Flatten each biscuit and stack 2 pepperoni slices and a slice of cheese on top.
- Gather edges of biscuit and pinch to seal.
- Line rolls in a greased 9×13 pan and then brush with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping or make some garlic butter by melting some butter and adding some minced garlic in it. Try adding different items to your pizza balls. Things like black olives, spinach leaves, onion, green pepper. Anything that you put on a regular pizza can go in these delicious treats.