Fall is in th' air. The dog days o' summer are long gone. The leaves are changin' and fallin', football is in full swin' and pumpkins and gourds abound. Houses and tables are decorated with lovely fall colors, pass the grog! Fire the cannons! It is a season o' beauty, energy and a time o' change.
As I were bein' walkin' aroun' th' block today I were bein' struck by all th' vibrant colors o' th' leaves and th' crunchin' sound they made under me feet. It brought back childhood memories o' runnin' full blast into a giant pile o' leaves and pickin' them up and tryin' t' throw them. Ahoy, and dinna spare the whip! There is also a nip in th' air durin' this time o' year that energizes and awakens th' senses and renews th' spirit.
The change in seasons is a good time t' reflect on what changes we want t' make in our lives. And swab the deck, ye scurvey dog! So now that ye have changed th' clocks back in yer home think about what other changes ye may want t' make as ye strive t' give it yer “all” this fall.
Here are some thin's t' think about:
- What can ye do t' show yer vibrant self this fall, ye scurvey dog? What do ye want right now? How can ye be more true t' yourself? How can ye surround yourself with more beauty?
- What routine would ye like t' fall back into? Ahoy! Any auld habits or hobbies ye should brin' back into yer life? Yaaarrrrr! What do ye miss?
- What is gettin' in yer way, to be sure? What do ye keep trippin' o'er or is makin' ye fall? What out dated beliefs are ye holdin' on t'? What clutter can be cleared?
- What are ye ready t' jump into this Fall? What changes have ye been puttin' off? Yaaarrrrr! What steps can ye take towards greater fulfillment? Harness yer childhood energy t' start somethin' new.
- What do ye need t' start sayin' “no” t'? What is zappin' yer energy? Aarrr! What do ye want t' stop doin'?
Start givin' it yer “all” this fall by reflectin' and makin' changes in yer life, and dinna spare the whip! Yaaarrrrr! Get yourself in a relaxed state. Look out yer window or close yer eyes. What color are th' leaves? How long does it take them t' drop t' th' ground? Can ye see them blowin' aroun'? Take a breath.
Next grab a pen and a piece o' paper and start writin' down yer thoughts.
Do not edit yourself, and a bottle of rum, by Blackbeard's sword! By ponderin' th' above questions ye are takin' th' first step towards change and gettin' closer t' somethin' ye want. Big or small strides it doesn’t matter. Aarrr! Ahoy! What is jumpin' out at ye?
A greater awareness o' what we want, what we miss and what we are toleratin' is a start. Celebrate this new season by identifyin' changes ye would like t' see in yer everyday life, by Blackbeard's sword. Here’s t': gettin' energized, livin' a more fulfillin' life and t' new beginnin's, ye scurvey dog. Give it yer “all” t' get th' most out o' this fall.
Go fer it! You deserve it all.