If you are vegan, vegetarian, have nut allergies, or dairy allergies – I have the muffin recipe for you. I am not a vegan, but I do appreciate some vegan style recipes. This is for all those out there who think that vegan food is not tasty.
First I’m providing the base to any muffin recipe. From there you’ll find a variety of different fillings, also vegan. The base is nut free and dairy free, so it is friendly to almost anyone. It’s a perfect snack for any party if you aren’t sure if any of the guests have specific food needs.
- 2 cups flour (prefer organic unbleached)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt (pink ground Himalayan if possible)
- ⅔ cup sugar (organic preferred)
- ⅔ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of your desired fillings
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes in muffin tins. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. I think the cookies taste best if they are eaten within 48 hours of baking.
It is really that easy. I was skeptical about the setup of this recipe to start since it does not contain any dairy; however, I have found it is the most reliable and tastiest base muffin recipe I have used. Who would have thought that dairy-free muffins could be so yummy.
Variations and Fillings:
Here are some of my favorite fillings to use with this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips – I have used regular chocolate chips (makes the recipe no longer vegan) and also vegan chocolate chips. Enjoy Life makes a fantastic dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate chip that tastes amazing in this recipe.
- Nuts – I have used a variety of nuts and all came out wonderful.
- Peanut Butter
- Golden Raisins
- Dried Fruit
- 50/50 peanut butter and oats
- Honey and oats
- Any variety of candies
- Mandarin Oranges
- Add a little extra sugar (half a cup) and have a nice sugar cookie
There really is no end to the possibilities to this recipe. Just because it is vegan does not mean it isn’t full of flavor. I dare you to give these muffins a try.
If you aren’t a baker and still want to try out a great vegan recipe, try these No Bake Vegan Cookies by TheSweetestVegan. No baking required and they are phenomenal. She also has a to-die-for Vegan Brownie recipe.
What are your favorite type of muffin or vegan recipe?